Wednesday, January 16, 2013

She Will Go Greek

It's been awhile since I posted a recipe, but we found a good one and I couldn't wait to share.  Since it is winter and I am even lazier in the winter I prefer slow cooker recipes.  Last time I made Greek food was when I had a Mamma Mia! viewing party around 2009, but this recipe seemed easy enough and sounded pretty tasty.

Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita
Degree of Difficulty: 2
Mess Factor: 3
Taste: 9

I was a little skeptical of the recipe as it didn't include any additional cooking liquid.  I just placed the frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot with the spices and sliced onion, then turned it to low and went about my business.  4 hours later, we had amazingly tender, shredded chicken.  


 We mixed the chicken with 1/2 cup plan yogurt, as called for in the recipe, and it was the perfect filling for our pita bread.  Seriously, there is absolutely no need for any additional sauce.  

The tasty chicken is the perfect vehicle for some fresh tomatoes and cucumbers!

The best part...it tastes even better cold on a pita for lunch the next day!

I would HIGHLY recommend this recipe.  If you get a chance to try it out, let me know how it goes!


Lori  

No comments:

Post a Comment