Thursday, March 29, 2012

She Will Finally Get Things Done!

I actually  have been really busy with Pinterest projects and recipes this past week, but I can't find my camera cord!  It's always excuses with me!  The first project I completed was my Spring wreath.  I have been working on this for awhile and am not 100% satisfied with it, but at least it adds some color to our front door.  I may still play around with it or replace it entirely, but at least we have something up!
This was made for less than $10.  The styrofoam wreath was $5-$7, but I used my 40% off Michael's coupon.  The yarn was on hand from the Christmas yarn trees.  I had to purchase two packages of wooden letters in order to get two 'E's, but everything was 50% off at JoAnn Fabrics so not too big of a deal.  I probably bought 5 or 6 different fake flower bouquets before I finally figured out the color combination I liked.  I think these were three different bouquets for about $1 each.  The orange butterfly was in the Michael's dollar section as well.  It really needs to be bigger for our front door, but you can definitely see the bright colors from the street, which ultimately is the point!

Late last week we tried out the below recipe.  Not too difficult and definitely tasty!  Plus, I was able to use the leftover puff pastry to make yummy dessert napoleons with nutella!

Shrimp & Andouille Puffalettas
Degree of Difficulty: 6
Mess Factor: 8
Taste: 8
This wasn't too difficulty of a recipe, but it did require several different cooking/prep methods which is where it gets the high mess factor.  Matt prepared the red pepper sauce in the food processor, while I cooked up the shrimp & andouille sausage on the stove and baked the puff pastry in the oven.
Above is a pic of the shrimp, sausage, green peppers, and yummy liquid cooking up!  Once the "meat" of the dish was cooked, we split open the pastry, ladeled the "meat" mixture onto each half, then topped the dish with the red pepper sauce. 
The picture above is of the final product.  One day I will learn to take better pictures.  Unfortunately, for my few readers, that day is not anytime soon!  All in all, this was a pretty quick recipe that Matt and I both had fun putting together.  Also, this was perfect for lunch leftovers!

As soon as I find my camera cord, I will blog about the Crock Pot Pot Roast Sliders and the summer blanket I am making for the girls.  I am on a mission to find a good side dish for an Easter Egg Hunt lunch, so if you have any good suggestions be sure to send them my way! 

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment