Friday, January 20, 2012

She Will Continue to Cook with Cream Cheese

As some of you are aware, I have a LOT of cream cheese to use before the end of February and I have been searching for recipes that will allow me to deplete my stash.  I didn't try out as many new recipes as I like this past week due to a wonderful supply of homemade raviolis, but I was able to get in one slow cooker cream cheese chicken chili.  Check out my review and the pics below!

Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
Degree of Difficulty: 1
Mess Factor: 2
Taste: 9
We really LOVEd this recipe and will definitely add it to the mix.  This recipe is as simple as pouring all of the ingredients into the crockpot, turning the crockpot to low for 6 or so hours, then serving!  I always get a little frustrated with slow cooker recipes that require me to do any cooking prior to the adding to the slow cooker, so this was perfect for me.  Check out pics of the ingredients, process and final product below:
Please note that the above picture is missing the 2 frozen chicken breasts that are already in the bottom of crockpot.

Below is a pic of all of the ingredients minus the cream cheese.  I really did just open and pour the cans and spices into the crockpot. 

Mix up all the ingredients and add a block of cream cheese to the top.  Set to low and cook for 6 or so hours.  Right before dinner, use a fork or spoon to shred the chicken and stir.  
I served this with tortilla chips for dipping as it was pretty hearty.  Even my daughter loved the chicken although she did eventually have to stop eating because there is a little bit of a kick and she is not a big fan of spicy. 

Definitely try this one out and let me know how it goes!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment