Friday, March 8, 2013

She Will Try To Enjoy The Snow

As in most places across the US, it snowed on Tuesday in central Illinois.  As I was watching the snow fall, my mind envisioned these grandiose plans.  We would pick up the girls early from daycare, play a little bit in the snow, make cookies and then drink warm hot chocolate while the cookies were baking and we were getting warm.  As most fantasies in my head, it did not work out quite how I had planned.  Morgan was sick so we had to pick her up a little early from daycare and race (very slowly due to road conditions) to the doctor's office so that we could still be seen.  After confirming everything with Morgan was fine, we headed home with the hope that we could still make cookies together.  I found a recipe for breakfast cookies, which seemed fairly easy and healthy.  The cookies turned out fine, but Morgan didn't end up eating them since she decided that she wouldn't eat her vegetables and spit them out on the floor.  Not exactly the calm, cozy night I had planned!

Breakfast Cookies
Degree of Difficulty: 4
Mess Factor: 5
Taste: 6


I was really lucky because I had all of the ingredients for this recipe on hand, including an abundance of ripe bananas.  The first step is to mash up 3 ripe bananas.

I'm sure some of you moms have read the dangers of squeeze food packets, but I'm not sure how we are going to stop consumption in our house since it's the easiest way to get Morgan to eat vegetables and they are so easy to pack and bring along for any outing.  I did find out that she does NOT like the Meijer Organic brand and there is about 1/3 cup applesauce in each packet, so this was the perfect opportunity to use one more of these up!

After adding the rest of the ingredients, I let Morgan mix it all up!

Then I plopped down heaping spoonfuls on some parchment paper and stuck them in a 350 degree oven for 17 minutes.

They came out looking exactly like they went in, although I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting here.

They tasted pretty good and the best part is I didn't have to feel bad about giving them to either girl.  We normally do berries for dessert, so this was a different treat.  Morgan ate out all of the raisins, but Amelia devoured the whole thing!
This is what is leftover after Morgan gets to it!
I hope everyone stayed safe and warm during the snow!  Hopefully this weekend the weather gets warm and stays warm!

Lori 

No comments:

Post a Comment