Crockpot Cheese Tortellini
Degree of Difficulty: 2
Mess Factor: 3
Taste: 9-10 (depends on sausage used)
Like always, I have linked back to the original blog that posted this recipe, but I am going to share the ingredients below because this is so simple you never need to write down the recipe!
- 1 bag of frozen tortellini
- 1 small bag of fresh spinach (we used 1/2 of bag found in salad section)
- 2 cans of Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 box or 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 block of cream cheese (cut into chunks)
- 1 lb of roll or ground sausage (we used Italian)
The first step is to brown the sausage. If you have read my blog before, you know I don't like taking any additional steps with my crock pot recipes, but I am willing to complete this step without complaint since the result is so fabulous!
The recipe says to cook on low for 5-6 hours, but if you cook it this long the pasta will get mushy. I definitely think I would try it for about 3 or so hours next time. You may want to give the meal a stir about a half hour or hour before serving to ensure the spinach gets mixed in along with the cream cheese.
|I started eating before I took the picture, it was too good to resist!|