Monday, February 18, 2013

A Friend Will Make the Best Crock Pot Recipe EVER!

We had some friends over for dinner a couple of weeks ago and they brought the most amazing crock pot meal ever!  We made it ourselves for my birthday at the end of January and decided to bring it out again for Valentine's Day.  Check it out below!

Crockpot Cheese Tortellini
Degree of Difficulty: 2
Mess Factor: 3
Taste: 9-10 (depends on sausage used)

Like always, I have linked back to the original blog that posted this recipe, but I am going to share the ingredients below because this is so simple you never need to write down the recipe!


  • 1 bag of frozen tortellini
  • 1 small bag of fresh spinach (we used 1/2 of bag found in salad section)
  • 2 cans of Italian-style diced tomatoes
  • 1 box or 4 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 block of cream cheese (cut into chunks)
  • 1 lb of roll or ground sausage (we used Italian)
The first step is to brown the sausage.  If you have read my blog before, you know I don't like taking any additional steps with my crock pot recipes, but I am willing to complete this step without complaint since the result is so fabulous!

 Once the sausage has been browned, add all ingredients to the crock pot and set on low.  I took the picture below after adding the spinach, which doesn't make for a good picture, but I didn't want the spinach to get overcooked.

The recipe says to cook on low for 5-6 hours, but if you cook it this long the pasta will get mushy.  I definitely think I would try it for about 3 or so hours next time.  You may want to give the meal a stir about a half hour or hour before serving to ensure the spinach gets mixed in along with the cream cheese.
 After the meal is done, serve it up and wait for the compliments!  Since this is a pretty saucy dish, I think garlic bread is a perfect complement to soak up all that sauce!
I started eating before I took the picture, it was too good to resist!
I decided to show an after picture so you can see this is plate licking delicious!
I would encourage EVERYONE to try this one out.  I have already sent it to my family and my co-workers. If you try it out, let me know how it goes and if you made any edits/additions that are worth trying out.

Lori 


No comments:

Post a Comment