Monday, February 13, 2012

She Will Make Delicious Brownies!

Brownies are my absolute favorite dessert!  While brownies made from scratch are delicious, I actually prefer most box mixes, especially any box mix made by Ghiradelli!  Below is a recipe that I threw together to jazz up a box of brownies (like they really need to be jazzed up)!  Enjoy! 

Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
Degree of Difficulty: 3
Mess Factor: 3
Taste: 9

In addition to a brownie box mix and its corresponding ingredients, you will be using a jar of raspberry jam/jelly/preserves.  I prefer preserves with the seeds so that I can actually tell it is raspberry I am eating!
Make the mix as directed on the box, then pour into a greased pan.  The box recommends an 8x8 or 9x9 pan, but after some experimenting, we found a round cake pan actually works the best.  You get a little bit of a crust plus plenty of gooey middle! 

Take the lid off of the preserves and place it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.  After pouring the brownie mix into the pan, spoon globs of the slightly warmed preserves on the mix.  Using a knife, swirl the globs throughout the mix and place in the oven. 

The first batch we made (in the square pan), we baked for 40 minutes (box called for 40-45 minutes).  The second batch (in the round pan), we baked for 38 minutes and I think they came out much better.  The middle stayed a lot gooier, while not being undercooked. 
All in all, this is a super easy recipe if you want to make something a little more exciting than a regular brownie mix.  I feel confident this would work equally well with any brownie mix, but I can't wait to try it with the Ghiradelli dark chocolate mix!

I know I have been missing in blog action for a little bit but we have been quite under the weather at our house.  With Valentine's Day fast approaching (tomorrow eek!), I have lots of projects and recipes that will be completed in the next day or two so be prepared for an onslaught of posts this week!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment